The Pleasant Grove Sportsmen Association began in 1956, with outdoor enthusiasts, consisting of muzzle loaders, hunters, and sport shooters. Many of them worked at Geneva Steel and when they learned that an old Church was going to be dismantled to make room for an expansion they were told they could scavenge its parts. They contacted the City of Pleasant Grove and made an agreement to build a shooting range and small community meeting location. After lots of hours of labor dismantling and reconstructing, what is now known as the Lions and Sportsmen’s Club building was finished.
Today the Sportsmen’s building is run by the City of Pleasant Grove Parks and Recreation department. It is used by the Lions Club, Muzzle Loaders Club and the Sportsmen’s Club. When these groups are not using the building, the PG Parks and Recreation schedule the property for City and community use.